Calling all Rogues

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

Calling all Rogues

Postby StrungOut on Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:35 am

I made a thread on the Test Forums to fix Bloofangs set ... If anyone has ever review the set you would see that nightslayer has only 12 less than Bloodfang but BF has 36 more strength which is a stat when calculated counts as a lot more to every other class than rogues. for rogues 1 str = 1 attack power and that is it .... this has to be a mistake. ALSO the only change to bloodfang for 1.9 was NERFING the 8 peice proc by LOWERING the chance to proc ... go figure everyone gets adjusts and fixes and we get nerfed some more ><

Please add your POSITIVE posts to the following thread !

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... &tmp=1#new
StrungOut
House of Elders

Re: Calling all Rogues

Postby LrdVoldemort on Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:46 am

StrungOut wrote:I made a thread on the Test Forums to fix Bloofangs set ... If anyone has ever review the set you would see that nightslayer has only 12 less than Bloodfang but BF has 36 more strength which is a stat when calculated counts as a lot more to every other class than rogues. for rogues 1 str = 1 attack power and that is it .... this has to be a mistake. ALSO the only change to bloodfang for 1.9 was NERFING the 8 peice proc by LOWERING the chance to proc ... go figure everyone gets adjusts and fixes and we get nerfed some more ><

Please add your POSITIVE posts to the following thread !

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... &tmp=1#new

Really, Strung, the Nemesis set stats/bonus "upgrades" are as ridiculous as these, IMO. As far as I'm concerned, the difference between Tier 1 and Tier 2 is nominal, and situational... in fact for some playstyles, Tier 2 is no upgrade at all. Given this is pretty much true for all classes, why would Blizz make one classes' Tier 2 any more useful that any other classes?

It seems to me, Blizz is afraid that so few guilds will be able to acquire Tier 2 that a major uprade would mean a bunch of supermen running around. This is apparently the reason for the nice stats on the ZG and AQ stuff that can be obtained with 20 people.

I just think we need to face the fact our BWL gear, as hard as it may be to acquire, is not going to be anything special at all compared to Tier 1 and ZG/AQ gear. Blizz has to constantly keep balance issues front-and-center in any itemization, and unfortunately, it makes Tier 2 look lame from the standpoint of the difficulty-to-obtain/usefulness ratio.
ImageImage
Click image(s) for Profile.
LrdVoldemort
House of Elders

Postby nut on Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:53 pm

Given this is pretty much true for all classes, why would Blizz make one classes' Tier 2 any more useful that any other classes?

~Cough~Dragonstalker~Ahem~Netherwind~Cough~8-piece set bonus~Cough
nut

Postby remorsecode on Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:56 pm

COUGH PVE (not pvp) SET COUGH
remorsecode

Postby Bubba on Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:12 pm

well actually, warriors took a much larger nerf than you rogues. Just be thankful that you can actually use your Tiered sets for pvp instead of just being meat shields. Warrior itemization is far worse than a rogues and we have to take it up the ass, you better learn to as well.
One day I'm gonna pwn all of you nub nuts.
Bubba

Postby StormCrow on Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:38 pm

nut wrote:
Given this is pretty much true for all classes, why would Blizz make one classes' Tier 2 any more useful that any other classes?

~Cough~Dragonstalker~Ahem~Netherwind~Cough~8-piece set bonus~Cough

you do realize albeit the "decent" set bonus on netherwind that the set sucks cock right?

its total shit, even after patch its not better and this "awesome" bonus does NOT make it awesome.

if i was a mage you'd be lucky to get me into 3 pieces, you sacrifice way too much dps to wear more than that vs appropriate +damage gear
StormCrow lvl 60 Orc Warlock.

"Did I request thee, maker, from my clay to mould me man? Did I solicite thee from darkness to promote me?"
-Paradise Lost, book X x743-45
StormCrow
House of Elders

Postby remorsecode on Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:59 pm

Not all classes PVE gear (tierX) is handy for PVP, because it comes from PVE. It's one of the realities of rolling on a PVP server. Personally, I find that for most classes the best PVP gear isn't the PVP reward gear or the PVE set gear, but is instead a mishmash of PVE set gear, PVE epics, and other random things. It's like that for me, it's like that for Warriors, and it's probably like that for most classes I'd assume.
remorsecode

Postby Lardo on Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:28 pm

any way you want to put it what stung is saying still remains true, Str sucks for rogues (as opposed to agi or sta) in PvE or PvP
Lardo

Postby Clearcutter on Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:56 am

Get me 8 BF and I'll gladly test it out!
Clearcutter

Postby Toddriguez on Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:01 am

While were on the topic, buff mages nerf trinkets.
Ola - 60 UD Rogue
Toddriguez - 60 UD....mage :(
Toddriguez

Postby brown on Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:03 am

and GIVE orc Mail Users a Fear Trinket its Stupid that u can't really do anything when ur feared at all :(
brown

Postby Clearcutter on Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:32 am

brown wrote:and GIVE orc Mail Users a Fear Trinket its Stupid that u can't really do anything when ur feared at all :(

Ah, but you can't be stunned =)
Clearcutter

Postby nad3r on Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:14 am

ROFL cc ive seen that avatar before but never with those captions, thats badass
nad3r

Postby brown on Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:45 pm

i'm sorry but last time i checked I Get sTUNED ALL THE TIME!!!! u don't understand i will let u play my shaman and u will see when u get feared by a warlock for 18 sec its pretty damn gay! because u cNA"t DO ANYTHING
brown

Postby nut on Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm

Tremor totem!
nut

Next

Return to Public for Peasants